HIGH SCHOOL CONTEST: Enter for a chance to win $170 IMAX prize pack | Contests
Enter the News10 Mascot Faceoff for a chance to win a $170 prize package from Esquire IMAX Theatre.
1) Submit a photo of your school's mascot between Nov. 8 and Nov. 17 at this link.
2) Vote for your favorite photo between Nov 17 and Nov 23 by visiting theNews10 High School Sports Facebook page.
3) Photo with the most votes wins!
YOU COULD WIN:
An Ultimate Movie Night Package from IMAX consisting of:
-- Five IMAX movie tickets (ARV: $82.50)
-- vouchers redeemable for five popcorns (ARV: $33.75), five sodas (ARV: $25.00), five candies (ARV: $20.00)
-- five parking validations (ARV: $25.00).
Total prize package: $186.25.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below. The News10 High School Sports Mascot Faceoff Contest (the "Contest") is open to legal U.S. residents of the State of California who are at least 13 years of age at the time of entry. Employees and contractors of KXTV-TV ("Sponsor"), Gannett Co., Inc.,and IMAX, and their respective affiliated companies, contractors and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees and contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How To Enter. The Contest will begin at 4:01 p.m. (P.T.) on Tuesday November 8, 2011 and end at 11:59 p.m. (P.T.) on Wednesday, November 23, 2011 (the "Contest Period").
Internet Entry. Enter by visiting Sponsor's High School Sports Facebook page at (http://www.facebook.com/news10highschoolsports), completing all of the required information, and uploading one (1) photo of your high school sports mascot accompanied by a one-sentence description in English, of no more than 50 words, identifying the high school associated with the mascot shown in the photograph, and submit the photo and description entry to firstname.lastname@example.org. One-word entries that serve to promote a personal or business endeavor will not be accepted and will be disqualified. Each photo submission must have been taken within the previous 12-month period, be an authentic, original photograph, and the contestant must own the copyright in the photograph submitted. Photographs and descriptions provided must be written by contestant and not published previously. All digital entries should be at the highest resolution possible. Sponsor will accept the formats of jpeg or tiff. Sponsor reserves the rights to refuse any photograph it determines to be obscene, offensive, unacceptable or inappropriate, and any photo depicting frontal nudity will be ineligible and withdrawn. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is alleged to infringe on any third-party's intellectual property rights, either in the description or photograph. Contestants certify that any individuals of any age shown in photos furnished, and the parents and/or legal guardians of any children shown in any photos furnished, have been informed that their, or their child's, photo has been entered in a Contest and have no objection to Contestant's submission and Sponsor's display and posting of such photo for purposes of this Contest. Images must not have been digitally altered in any way other than necessary cropping. All entries, may be posted on all Sponsor's websites, or displayed on KXTV's newscasts, at Sponsor's sole discretion.
There is no limit on the number of entries that may be submitted by an entrant. Entries submitted by the same entrant under different user accounts will be disqualified. Entries must be received by 12:00 Noon (P.T.) on Thursday, November 17, 2011.
Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, or illegible entries. All entries become property of Sponsor. Contestants acknowledge and agree that Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, promote, create a sound recording of, broadcast, or otherwise display or use entries in any way it sees fit without limitation or compensation to entrants. Entrants acknowledge and agree that Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, promote, broadcast, or otherwise display or use entries in any way it sees fit without limitation or compensation to entrants. By entering you agree to the terms of these Official Rules and to receive e-mails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions on the Contest website or in any email received from Sponsor.
4. Winner Selection. Entries will be posted on Sponsor's News10 High School Sports Facebook page (http:www.facebook.com/news10highschoolsports) and will be open for public voting by individuals who are 13 years or older beginning at 1:00 p.m. (P.T.) on Friday, November 25, 2011 through 11:59 p.m. (P.T.) on Wednesday, November 23, 2011. Voters will cast their vote by selecting a photo they believe best depicts the school's spirit. Limit one vote per day per person during the Contest Period. The entry with the highest percentage of recorded eligible votes as of 11:59 pm (P.T.) on Wednesday, November 23, 2011 will be the winner In the event of a tie; the winner will be randomly selected by Sponsor from among the tied entries. Decisions of Sponsor shall be final and binding in all respects
5. Prizes and Odds. One (1) prize winner will receive one (1) Ultimate Movie Night Package from IMAX consisting of five (5) IMAX movie tickets (ARV: $82.50) ); and vouchers redeemable for five (5) popcorns (ARV: $33.75)), five (5) sodas (ARV: $25.00)), five (5) candies (ARV: $20.00), and five (5) parking validations (ARV: $25.00). (ARV of total prize package: $186.25). Prize is valid for one year from the date of issuance and is redeemable at any IMAX theater in North America.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. The Winner will be notified on or about Friday, November 25, 2011 via the email address provided on winner's entry form. The winner must respond to the winner notification within 48 hours. Failure to respond within such time period or return of email prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification of winner, forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries. To claim prize, winner must personally visit Sponsor's office at 400 Broadway, Sacramento, CA 95818 within five (5) business days after notification (office visits must be between the hours of 8:30 a.m. (P.T.) and 5:00 p.m. (P.T.) weekdays) and a valid photo identification may be required. A valid photo identification may be required. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prize is not redeemable for cash. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as directed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner's disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsors will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected entries, poor quality photos, or for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries or votes submitted by the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries, or votes by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.By participating in this promotion, each participant agrees to fully release, forever discharge and hold harmless Sponsor and Facebook from and against all claims, costs, liabilities, losses, injuries, and damages arising out of the promotion, including, but not limited to, any claims for personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property or any other harm arising out of participant's participation in the promotion, the receipt, use, or misuse of any prize, or any travel or activity that is related to the promotion or any prize. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Sponsor is not responsible for the operation of IMAX or any IMAX theaters.
8. Copyright. By entering the Contest, each contestant grants to Sponsor an exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to publish, print, edit or otherwise use the contestant's submitted entry, including any accompanying photograph or description, in whole or in part, for any purpose and in any manner or media (including, without limitation, the Internet) throughout the world in perpetuity, and to license others to do so, all without limitation or further compensation. Each contestant further agrees that if his/her entry is selected by Sponsor as the winning entry, he/she will sign any additional license or release that Sponsors may require, and will not publicly perform or display his or her submission without the express permission of Sponsors.
9. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. Sponsor. The News10 High School Sports Mascot Faceoff is sponsored by KXTV. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. For a list of winners (available after December 7, 2011) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Winners List/Official Rules" (as applicable), News10 High School Sports Mascot Faceoff, 400 Broadway, Sacramento, CA 95818. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact Michelle Ponto at email@example.com or at (916)321-3359.